BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

What Would YOU Do?

I'm trying to get everything situated. I'm one of those people who LOVE to plan and then GO THROUGH with my plans ASAP!  So here's my dilemma:

I have 8 classes til I'm done with school. Three of those classes I have to take on campus, the other five I can take online from wherever, doesn't matter if I stay in Gwinnett County..

So, I went to register for my classes, and only ONE of the three classes had an opening this quarter-every single class has been filled (online as well!). So the only reason I'm really staying in Gwinnett county was to take two of the three on campus classes (the third one I can't take until the quarter after, due to "order" in the fine arts department).

So now that I'll only be taking one on-campus class, why should I really stay in Gwinnett county if I'm planning on moving 4 months from now anyway?

Okay, here's what I'm thinking...you ready? Of course you are! :)

Take this one class, finish out these next two months of special events I have set up for my work (Suwanee day, resident appreciation days, and what not that I've already set up), work more at Outback so I have more cash flow and a better chance of transferring to another location, and sell all my stuff that I know I won't need in Augusta (as hard as that will be, since I'm supposedly a hoarder..).  My mom said she'd come up and help me go through everything and take stuff to sell at her next yardsale :D (LOVE that woman!!)...so this will be around mid September that she'll come up  and help me out (probably the 17th).

Then around the end of October I'll borrow my parents' truck and trailer and move down to Augusta, so that way I'll have time to get settled in and work as much as possible before Christmas and all the major holidays.

I WAS going to wait until December 18th to move down there (that's when Fall Quarter ends), but this distance is just SO hard! And I know that it's hard on the both of us...just makes more sense! And besides, if I move down in October, the weather will be perfect for moving and it'd be less hectic then moving right before Christmas.

The one thing that's going to REALLY suck about moving to Augusta is the fact that I'm becoming so close to my friends at church, but here's the plus side!! I'll be up at least once a week for school for the first month or so, and then after that, knowing me, I'll have to take a road trip at least once a month to come see all my favorite people. I PROMISE I won't be forgetting anyone!

Right now it's just difficult...I know I don't want to live here anymore because the number one person I want to be with isn't here..makes it hard to concentrate on anything other than "What WILL be", especially at work.

Don't get me wrong, work has been good to me, but trying to sell chiropractic to people who aren't interested really gets old...I guess that's why I love serving so much, because what you're trying to sell people is what they actually came to your restaurant for (DELICIOUS FOOD!!). Can't go wrong with serving...high energy, lots of enthusiasm, and generally really fun, hungry people.

It's that time again for me to move on with my life and start a new adventure...

So, if you were given the choice, wouldn't you do the same thing?  Move and start over and be with the one you love??

Sometimes giving up everything to gain one thing is TOTALLY worth the sacrifice.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Well, you know me...I got accepted to BYUI and yep, totally changed my plans to get married lol. But with only 8 classes to go and goood church friends...that's a tough one (I'm sure you've figured it out by now, I just thought I'd give my 2 cents lol). How long would it take to finish classes then move up? Like maybe to closer to the time he'll propose? ;) :D

angela_obrien said...

haha ohhhh jess! well, i actually just found out last week i only have 5 more classes! They miscalculated for my diploma haha..so one more semester then i'm done, BUT i forgot to apply for Hope grant so i don't get free schooling this quarter, so i'm waiting til next one..
So, i've found a place to live already, and I'm moving October 23rd!! :D HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY lol