BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June...a month of wonder

Why hello hello hello!! :D

Happy SUMMER!!!!

Last update was all about pollen...today's subject is on grass allergies! LOL! juuuust kidding. But, it is true...I have been tested and I am allergic to certain types of grass, weird, right??

Anyways, life just seems to be getting better and better. I know that I am truly blessed and sometimes I feel like I'm being spoiled, buuut there are absolutely no complaints on that!

There have been those rough patches where I thought things wouldn't turn out so good...for example, I had this huuuuge project due that was worth 40% of my grade in Business Law..one of our project partners dropped out, literally just fell off the face of this planet, and so a 3 person job was narrowed down to 2 people the last 3 weeks into it. Well, I told my other partner that I'd be happy with a 70 and she agreed...turns out, ours was THE bomb and our teacher was so impressed with it, he kept it to present to other classes and we got a 99% (he only gives 100s to PERFECTION..and ours was beyond it, but again, NO COMPLAINTS HERE).

Another example..my job is all about numbers numbers numbers. If my boss doesn't see a steady flow of new patients or consulations brought in by me, he starts to weigh his options. So he put me to a challenge to memorize this marketing script we have to know..I KNEW it but had a terrible way of proving it. At our office meetings, I'd freeze up and start saying off the wall stuff and not getting my "facial expressions" right...in other words, I didn't seem sincere enough when I said, "I'm so sorry to hear that." I can't help that I smile ALL the time! So Dr. Ross told me to study study study because my job depended on it. For the past week I was So worried! But after a lot of practice, lots of praying, and confidence boosting friends, I finally proved that I could be a good marketer! Dr. Ross called me into his office and we roll played and he said that he was sooo  impressed that he had goose bumps! He said that I hit that one out of the ball park! He was super proud of me, and that means a LOT from Dr. Ross because he never says stuff like that!

So there ya go! I got a good grade when I thought I'd fail and I got to keep my job when I thought I'd be let go! Phew!! What a week!

And for those of you who were worried about my salvation, no worries! I'm back to church all the way. No more playing games and no more crazy cycles. I'm in it for the long run and I have no doubt in my mind that there is any other path in my life that I'd rather be on. I can honestly say, "been there, done that" and NO THANK YOU, I'm happy with where I stand. It also helps when you have those people in your life that are such amazing examples and who are there to support you in all you do. I fortunately have a lot of those kind of people in my life, I honestly think I have the best support system EVER! My friends and family are pretty much amazing and I know I can always count on them for anything.

Now for anything else in my life, just assume it's great. haha! I'd say more...buuuuut...everything else that's great is still in progress haha.

However, I will tell you this...I FINALLY get a NEW bed!!!! :D I'm going to finally get rid of my awful ancient bed and get a pillow top mattress set...Thursday!! Yes! Only 2 more days with a bed from a nightmare...it'll be going in my visitor room ;) hahaha! juuust kidding. But seriously :P

OH! And watch out my favorite U-tards, I mean, Utahians...I'm coming to town on July 23rd!! I'll be there for 2 weeks visiting my dad and stepmom and family, and I am ready to have some FUN!!! I am SOOOO excited!! I definately need a get-away. Possibly a Tim McGraw concert, a day at the lake, a stroll through downtown SLC..a trip to the mountains? Yeah, I'm ready for it!! Wish I could stay longer, that's for sure! Knowing me though, I'll be homesick for the 98 degree 100% humidity state of Georgia at the two week mark and ready to come home. Good thing I have a job that I love so I don't despise coming back to work.

Anyways, as much as I know y'all enjoy reading forever long blogs, I think I'll end it here with this....

Patience IS a virtue, and no matter how much you want something NOW, just know that it WILL be worth the wait (even if it has to be much much much later...!)


And that's all folks!!! ;)

0 comments: