BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Introducing...Angela O'Brien (Coming Soon!)


Robert and I had been dating for 6 months, and for the past month and a half or so, I've been dropping hints to Robert that I would LOVE to get a ring sometime soon! One day he was joking around and said "Angela, what if I propose to you on your birthday? What would you say?" My reply was "Duhh....OF COURSE!" . Well, needless to say, Christmas passed, my birthday passed, and New Years passed. No ring. This past weekend a couple of really good friends came from Mississippi to spend time with us in Atlanta. On Saturday we spent the whole day walking around downtown, shared a VERY large piece of cake from Metro Diner, went to Centennial park, and experienced the Underground Mall. All of which, Robert and I have done before on past dates when we first started dating.

That night, we drove down to Macon to stay in a hotel that our friends had booked for us, and the plans were to go clubbing to celebrate my friend's birthday. We had a couple hours to waste before the club opened, so we decided to sit back and relax and order a pizza. As I'm finishing up an order online, Robert starts kissing me, and I just melt in his arms; it felt almost like our first kiss all over again. As we're lying there on the bed, we have this conversation:

Me: I love kissing you. After 7 months of kissing you, I still absolutely love it!

Rob: Blah! *rolls eyes and smiles*

Rob: So, do you feel like you've been patient enough?

Me: Well, I mean, I think so! But if you want me to continue trying to be patient, I can keep on trying.

Rob: You haven't been THAT patient. You've been dropping me hints like crazy.

Me: Umm....well, you know, I'd LOVE for it all to happen now, I'd LOVE to have a ring, buuut I've waited this long for you, what's a little longer?

Rob: Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but you know that package that was sent the other day? What if I told you it WAS really a ring? AND I'm thinking of proposing to you on Valentine's Day?

Me: Robert, stop it. Last time you said I'd be getting a ring, you said you'd propose on my birthday, and I got my hopes up, and it didn't HAPPEN! I'm not falling for THAT again.

Rob: Angela, I'm surprised you haven't noticed yet...

Me: Noticed what......*looks to the side where his hand is sitting there holding an open ring box* Oh my gosh....no way....! Oh my gosh.

Rob: You may be patient, but I really can't be patient anymore...*slides off of bed onto his knee* Will you marry me?

Me: EEEE! Yes!!! Oh my gosh!! YES!

So there you have it!!

After 4 years of having a crush on him, and waiting and waiting for him, and then dating for 6 months (unofficially 7), we're FINALLY ENGAGED!!

May can't come soon enough!! But I can be patient, because I KNOW when we get married, we'll be together for eternity!

0 comments: